We are allowed to store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of our website. However, you can choose to accept, decline or restrict cookies through the settings on your web browser. You can find information on how to do this in the below “How to manage cookies” section.
We also use tracking pixels in our marketing emails. These pixels tell us if, and when, you opened an email from us. We use this information to better understand how customers engage with our content and to analyse the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
You can disable tracking pixels by changing your email settings to block the loading or display of external images.
How to manage cookies?
Some cookies are strictly necessary to allow you to use the website and its features, such as storing items in your basket. Without these cookies these features cannot be provided which may impair the functionality of the website meaning you are unable to shop on our website.
You can select the cookies you would like this website to store on your device by changing your browser settings. Each browser allows you to restrict or block cookies in different ways.
Details on how to do this in each browser can be found on the ICO website (please note that we are not responsible for the content of external websites), visit: https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/online/cookies/
Within most browsers you can utilise private browsing modes that typically do not save local data associated with the session, such as cookies. These are typically deleted when you close all the windows.
You can install a browser add-on to opt-out of Google Analytics in your browser across all websites (please note that we are not responsible for the content of external websites), visit: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
What types of Cookies are there?
Cookies mainly fall into two groups:
- First-party cookies: these cookies are placed directly by us and are used by us only. They serve to improve your shopping experience, by remembering your preferred currency or items in your basket. We have carefully selected them to ensure that your privacy and personal data are protected and respected at all times.
- Third-party cookies: these cookies are placed by websites and services other than us. We do not have any control over third-party cookies.
Within these groups, there are several different types of cookies that may be used on a website:
- Strictly necessary cookies - Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
- Functionality cookies - These are cookies that automatically remember choices that users have previously made in order to improve their experience next time they visit a website. For example, where users select their preferred language or layout.
- Analytical/Performance cookies - These cookies collect anonymous information about users for the purpose of assessing the performance of a website. Common uses include well-known web analytics tools such as ‘Google Analytics’.
- Re-targeting or advertising cookies - These cookies are used to track visitors across websites and, specifically, collect information about any pages on our site you visit and also other websites you visit, the cookie or ‘identifier’ then places you in a “market segment”. This means you may see adverts for our products, or other products, which you may be interested in when visiting other websites or Apps. We partner with a number of companies, including Facebook and Amazon. We also use Google Analytics to provide these cookies. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers.
- Session cookies - These are temporary cookies, that are deleted when you close your browser.
- Persistent cookies - These cookies will remain on your device until you delete them, or until they expire.
What cookies do we use on our website?Account cookies
Orders processing cookies
Site preferences cookies
Third Party Cookies
We also use conversion tracking cookies. We use these from several third parties including Google Adwords, Feed Optimise and Facebook. As a marketplace it is very important for us to understand statistics about how many of our visitors make a purchase and to analyse which products they are buying, as a result these are the bits of data that these cookies will track. This helps us to optimise our marketing spend to ensure we can build a successful business and continue to bring you the best possible products.